Anyone can draw a dragon or a cowboy or a horse.
Zach Trek: Blog by former homeschooler. Fun for Star Trek fans.
New study: Homeschoolers continue to excel; 100,000 per year graduate
FUN & FREE STUFF
- Stories & Philosophy
- 50 Free Story Starters
- 100 On-line Resources for Christian Homeschoolers
- Field Guide to the Classic Homeschool Mom
- Homeschool Tattoos
- The Purpose of Education for Christians: Good Thoughts
- Free Worksheets for K-3rd
- Skillwise: Math & Word Games
- Homeschooling vs. Public Schooling: A Cartoon
- Lots of good free stuff for a variety of ages: math, science, videos, lots printable or on-line
- Really cool, free coloring pages for every age
- Free American history lesson plans for all grades
- Get a financial education. A great resource
- Make puzzles, lots of free worksheets, more
- Compliment vs. Complement
- Snowflake photos/museum
- For the little ones: Lots of good art and learning ideas & activities
- List of teacher's favorite on-line ed games
- Free book of science experiments (pdf file)
- Learn about Great Lakes, mini-lessons, etc.
- BrownieLocks: Lots of cool resources & fun
- Univ. of New England Elementary Ed Resource links
- World Book Typical Course of Study, K-12
Welcome to the Homeschool How-to Site!
Something for Everyone: Beginner to Veteran!
"There isn't a right way to become educated, there are as
many ways as there are fingerprints." - John Taylor Gatto
NEW Illustrative Story: Did You Learn That in School? Four-year-old Tommy sets out to discover what people learn in school.
Start Homeschooling. If you're new to homeschooling, begin here. You'll be joining hundreds of thousands of other homeschooling families on this exciting and fulfilling journey!
Keep Homeschooling. Ten compelling reasons to stick with it.
Most Recent Additions
How Three Families Homeschool Three great stories that will inspire you. Includes favorite links of families.
World Book Typical Course of Study. What is usually studied at each grade level? A good guide, but be realistic -- kids aren't actually learning all this. Use it to guide your choices, not test your kids.
What should a 4-year-old know? by Alicia Bayer Search around her site for other good articles, too.
Education vs. Schooling Is there a difference?
In Which We Discuss the Meaning & Means of Education Explore some of the deeper issues regarding education at this blog.
50 Free Story Starters Get your kids excited about writing!
Education of the Founding Fathers: Book Excerpt How were the men who developed our founding documents educated? You may be surprised.
Mr. Pointy Nose. A family finds a social worker at their front door and they make a friend of him.
Mr. Pointy Nose Returns. At long last, the sequel. The family finds itself in court and mother makes her point.
The Case for a Good Set of Encyclopedias. Talk about a complete curriculum in one package! Encyclopedias hold a lot of potential and have many uses in the homeschool.
The Stuffed Tutor. Why not own your tutor? Take a look at this creative idea. Plus a math lesson between Zach and Piglet.
Teaching Benjamin and Zachary to Read Take a look at how one mom taught her sons to read.